February 10, 2013
This week your challenge is to share with us your images of people enjoying the great outdoors in the winter. From snow shoeing and ice skating to biking in the snow, we want to see your best of sports during the winter. Your pictures must display the activity taking place during the winter and include snow, ice or some form of cold / frozen environment.
Note: if you are submitting it for commercial stock then make sure nothing in the image is copyrighted, for example Professional Sports Team logos, gear logos or venue advertisements (if not – submit it as “editorial only”).
THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE
|SUBMISSION DEADLINE:||Saturday, February 16th at Midnight GMT|
|WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT:||Wednesday, February 20th|
- Take a photo of a person enjoying a winter sport
- Submit it under: Sports and Fitness
- Select “Add to Market” when submitting the photo
- Tag the image with: PWCwintersports
- Top Entry will win a year of Pixoto Pro
- Winners will get Award Badges, 1000 Points plus 1,000 credits for future image submission
- A blog post will highlight the winners
- The opportunity to make some money off of stock sales in the future
- The photo must contain a person participating in a winter sport (i.e. snow shoeing, sledding, ice skating, skiing etc).
- It must be obvious that it is winter
- The photo must be added to the Pixoto Market
- If the people in the shots are identifiable, a model release must be submitted or image must be submitted as “Editorial”
- If a property release is required – please add it
- Improperly categorized images will be re-categorized and disqualified
- Image quality (through ImageDuel) will determine the winner. In other words… the better image will determine the winner not the better concept.
- Enter as many images as you like – only highest scoring one will be chosen for top 10 winners.
- Images must be submitted/resubmitted during the week
- Images must be tagged “PWCwintersports”
- You may resubmit an image already on Pixoto, but please be aware that ImageScore, awards and points for the image will be reset upon resubmission
- Duplicates of previously uploaded, and not deleted, Pixoto submissions will be removed.
- Due to the popularity of weekly challenges, we not review qualification requirements for image images with an ImageScore of less than 500
- Be true to the category: Images in the wrong category will be re categorized and disqualified.
- Entries that do not comply with the above rules will be disqualified (a PWCwintersports-dq will be placed on the image).