January 28, 2013
It’s time to dive into your travel picture archive and show us the your best shots of the world’s landmarks. Make sure to label the landmark in the title and provide a description if it is not obvious.
Note: if you are submitting it for commercial stock then make sure the landmark is not copyrighted (if not – submit it as “editorial only”). For example photos of the Eiffel Tower taken at night must be submitted as “editorial only”.
THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE
|SUBMISSION DEADLINE:||Saturday, February 2nd at Midnight GMT|
|WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT:||Wednesday, February 6th|
- Take a photo of a landmark travel location
- Submit it under: Travel Locations / Landmarks
- Select “Add to Market” when submitting the photo
- Tag the image with: PWClandmarks
- Top Entry will win a year of Pixoto Pro
- Winners will get Award Badges, 1000 Points plus 1,000 credits for future image submission
- A blog post will highlight the winners
- The opportunity to make some money off of stock sales in the future
- The photo must have a travel ‘landmark’ as the subject (i.e. a building, natural formation, statue, etc that tourists would frequent).
- The photo must be added to the Pixoto Market
- Shots must be taken outside
- People in the shots must be unidentifiable and may not be the subject
- If a property release is required – please add it
- Improperly categorized images will be recategorized and disqualified
- Image quality (through ImageDuel) will determine the winner. In other words… the better image will determine the winner not the better concept.
- Enter as many images as you like – only highest scoring one will be chosen for top 10 winners.
- Images must be submitted/resubmitted during the week
- Images must be tagged “PWClandmarks”
- You may resubmit an image already on Pixoto, but please be aware that ImageScore, awards and points for the image will be reset upon resubmission
- Duplicates of previously uploaded, and not deleted, Pixoto submissions will be removed.
- Due to the popularity of weekly challenges, we not review qualification requirements for image images with an ImageScore of less than 500
- Be true to the category: Images in the wrong category will be recategorized and disqualified.
- Entries that do not comply with the above rules will be disqualified (a PWClandmarks-dq will be placed on the image).