October 14, 2012
Last week some people seemed to get a bit confused about what was allowed in the Nature category (now called Nature Up Close) vs. Landscape. Thus we had some amazing landscape photos of fall foliage submitted to our “Fall Leaves” challenge which we unfortunately had to disqualify (and re-categorize). We don’t want those people to go unrewarded for their efforts so this week we’re focusing on Landscape photos of fall foliage.
THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE
|SUBMISSION DEADLINE:||Saturday, October 20th at Midnight GMT|
|WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT:||Wednesday, October 24th|
- Take a picture of landscape that includes the colors of the fall (see details below)
- Submit a new photo under: Landscapes / Any Subcategory
- Select “License for Stock” when submitting the photo (you’ll be required to enter a title, tags and a description)
- Tag the image with: PWCautumn
- Top Entry will win a year of Pixoto Pro
- Winners will get Award Badges, 1000 Points plus 1,000 credits for future image submission
- A blog post will highlight the winners
- The opportunity to make some money off of stock sales in the future
- “Fall colored” foliage must be prominently included in the photo (i.e. orange, brown, red yellow, etc – but not green)
- The photo must be submitted to Pixoto Stock
- Improperly categorized images will be recategorized and disqualified
- Image quality (through ImageDuel) will determine the winner. In other words… the better image will determine the winner not the better concept.
- Enter as many images as you like – only highest scoring one will be chosen for top 10 winners.
- Images must be submitted/resubmitted during the week
- Images must be tagged “PWCautumn”
- You may resubmit an image already on Pixoto, but please be aware that ImageScore, awards and points for the image will be reset upon resubmission
- Duplicates of previously uploaded, and not deleted, Pixoto submissions will be removed.
- Due to the popularity of weekly challenges, we not review qualification requirements for image images with an ImageScore of less than 500
- Be true to the category: Images in the wrong category will be recategorized and disqualified.
- Entries that do not comply with the above rules will be disqualified (a PWCautumn-dq will be placed on the image).