July 20, 2012
Hey Pixoto Peeps
And here’s something you’ve all been waiting for: NEW CATEGORIES.
We’ve been burning the midnight oil trying to take all of your feedback into consideration as we develop a new category structure that is designed to:
- Reduce confusion by being content centric
- Reduce awkward image pairings due to widely different subjects
- Work well for our future stock and print-on-demand services offerings
- Better reflect the shooting preferences of our members
Here is the implementation plan:
- We launched the new categories at midnight GMT on 7/21/2012 and you can begin to use them now.
- At the same time, categories that are being deleted and subcategories that are being moved will be flagged with the statement “X- ” in the category name and will not be able to be submitted to.
- After weekly awards are run for this week we will begin the process of moving all existing images that are in “X- ” categories or subcategories to their new respective homes. ***All Awards and Points will move with the image to the new category*** We expect to have this completed prior to the end of the month.
- Monthly awards for July will be run based on the new category structure after all images have had enough times to find their right place in the new category.
So without further ado: